- Tallahatchie River at Money, MS
- Big Sunflower River at Clarksdale, MS
- Big Sunflower River near Merigold, MS
- Big Sunflower River at Sunflower, MS
- Quiver River near Sunflower, MS
- Bogue Phalia near Leland, MS
- Big Sunflower River near Anguilla, MS
- Steele Bayou near Glen Allen, MS
- Steele Bayou near Hopedale, MS
- Big Sunflower Diversion Canal near Redwood, MS
Coupled Real-time Streambank Piezometer and Streamflow Gaging Station
- Demonstrate the feasibility and utility of including groundwater level and temperature data from shallow streambank piezometers with existing suites of real-time data collected and transmitted at active streamflow gaging stations.
- Demonstrate the usefulness of real-time groundwater data in a dynamic environment. Data could be used to assist water managers making day-to-day decisions about water use (the impact of nearby groundwater and surface-water withdrawals on streamflow, water depth, and (or) water temperature for example) in a watershed.
- Provide personnel operating streamflow gaging stations with another tool for interpreting streamflow gaging station records when data must be interpolated, such as streamflow under ice cover.
- Provide a long-term groundwater/surface-water data set for future methods development and analysis of groundwater/surface-water interaction.
Real-time streambank piezometer and gaging station pairs are being studied in different hydrologic and geologic settings across the
Click on one of the markers on the map below to view all available data for a site: