projects > immage - internet-based modeling, mapping, and analysis for the greater everglades
IMMAGE - Internet-based Modeling, Mapping, and Analysis for the Greater Everglades
|The IMMAGE project will develop a framework of online GIS-based interfaces to four selected models, thereby enhancing their usability and making them available to a broader user community.
IMMAGE will develop a coupled GIS-enabled web-based decision support (DS) framework to provide interactive model-based scenarios to evaluate the potential impact of sea level rise on water supply, inland flooding, storm surge, and habitat management in South Florida. The DS framework will be developed to allow scientists, local planners and resource managers to evaluate the impact of sea level rise on:
- salt water intrusion into coastal water well fields,
- the optimal use of canals to impede the inland movement of saline groundwater,
- urban flooding,
- the risk to populated areas and natural habitat from catastrophic storm surge,
- wetland inundation periods and depths,
- habitat suitability,
- magnitude and distribution of future population growth, and
- the impact of forecasted population growth on water demand and protected areas.
Scope of Work
Data Sets from Publications and Other Websites
Open File Reports
Scientific Investigations Reports